We are now accepting papers for the 2013 Justice Studies Graduate Paper of the Year Award. Submission of a paper is a 2-step process: first, complete an application form and second, email an electronic copy of your paper to email@example.com.
Applications and papers must be received by May 1, 2013 at 5pm.
Please review the criteria prior to your submission:
Open to all Justice Studies Graduate Students, this award will be given in May 2013.
1. Academic year competition with all submissions due by May 1st. JS/FS majors who graduated in Fall 2012 are eligible to apply;
2. Paper must be written by the student submitting the paper, may be from a specific course (i.e., JS 201, 210 or 216), is limited to 12-15 pages and should be in APA or ASA format. Submitted paper should be “clean” of any editorial comments;
3. Students are encouraged to seek advice from a JS faculty member. Submitted papers should include faculty mentor name;
4. Papers will be electronically submitted to JS Grad Paper Submission. Fall 2012 graduates will submit papers during this time as well. No late papers will be accepted.
5. Papers will be reviewed by JS faculty members and the winners will be announced by May 15, 2013. Recipients of the awards will be recognized at the JS Spring Convocation and receive cash prizes in the following amounts: 1st: $300, 2nd: $200 and 3rd: $100.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Mark Correia at firstname.lastname@example.org.